PRESIDENT, CLYDE JOHNSTON DESIGNS, INC.
- Bachelor of Environmental Design in Landscape Architecture, North Carolina State University School of Design, 1973.
- South Carolina Registered Landscape Architect No. 70, June 1977
- Member, American Society of Golf Course Architects,
Past President of ASGCA(2003-2004). (Secretary, ASGCA 2000-2001; Treasurer, ASGCA 2001-2002, Vice President 2002-2003),
member since 1988
- President, American Society of Golf Course Architects Foundation,
- Past Member, Board of Governors, ASGCA (2 terms)
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architects
- Associate, United States Golf Association
- Charter Member, Donald Ross Society
- Instructor, Professional
Golfers Career College, Golf Course Design & Development
- Board of Directors,
Green, A nonprofit company promoting sustainability.
- The First Tee of the Lowcountry, member of Board of Trustees
2014-present. Leadership award recipient 2016.
- March 1987 to Present: CLYDE JOHNSTON DESIGNS, INC., GOLF COURSE ARCHITECTS, Principal and Senior Golf Course Architect.
- June 1973 to Nov. 1975 and Nov. 1977 to Jan. 1987: WILLARD C. BYRD AND ASSOCIATES Senior Landscape Architect, Golf Course Architect and Manager of the Hilton Head Island office.
- March 1976 to Nov. 1977: REECE AND HOOPES, Landscape Architectural Firm Junior Landscape Architect
- Nov. 1975 to March 1976: KIRBY, PLAYER & ASSOCIATES, Golf Course Architects Temporary Employment: Assisted in the preparation of golf course construction plans and details for three golf courses.
- Prior to 1973: Worked for my father, C. B. "JOHNNY" JOHNSTON, and assisted in all aspects of golf course maintenance and golf operations.
Johnny was a Class "A" PGA professional (Carolinas Section) at Blair Park Golf Club, High Point, North Carolina and Sea Scape Golf Club, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.